Wednesday, July 23, 2008

So Far So Good...

OK, so we've been at this for about a week and a half and it's been going very well. I think it definitely helps that I don't have the usual stress of a homeschooler yet (i.e. comparing other kids in school to yours, they SHOULD be at this level, etc.). That will come in time. So far, it's really helped to curb the summer boredom. I have anywhere from 3-5 things in my brain to do today, and when Ethan starts teasing, or Sean gets whiny, or Jenna gets on a destroying rampage, I just break out the activity. I've even been using the prep work for each lesson, as a time killing activity (like cutting, glueing, etc). It's not as pretty as I would do it, but oh well.

We've been doing our science projects--seeds and caterpillars--but we've also been learning about continents. Last week we talked about Asia. We made origami butterflies (super easy), and now they can point out China and Korea (where Caleb is going on his mission) on a map. We started Europe this week, and we've mostly been talking about Norway, since that's where Seth's anscestors are from. I couldn't find a good book on England at the library, so we'll save that for another time. We learned today that Northern Norway has places that don't see the sun from September until March. Depressing!

No comments: