Thursday, January 8, 2009

Goin' to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo!



We go to the zoo a lot, so I figured I better make it educational. I wrote up a little Animal Worksheet with generic questions about animals (i.e. what does it eat, what does it look like, etc.). Now Ethan and Sean take this worksheet to the zoo and pick an animal. Sometimes we can get some of the information from the zoo, but it usually happens that we write the name of the animal down, then check out books at the library to learn more. (This is how the Stingray Report came about as well.)

So this time, Ethan chose Orangutans and Sean found a Bengal Tiger. After choosing the Tiger, Sean is now obsessed with them, especially the white ones. The Orangutan was fun; we sat and watched him for a while. At first Ethan wrote down that he eats paper, but then he realized the orangutan was just playing with the phone book.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

That is a great activity. I myself am fascinated with white tigers after watching several animal planet shows late at night. Here is a funny tiger story though. http://animal.discovery.com/videos/2008-the-year-in-animals-no-9-white-tiger-cubs.html